NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
The Cleaver Co., New York’s premier sustainable catering and events firm, seeks an Events Administration Associate to join our event planning team. We are looking for a smart, passionate, detail-loving, lively individual to join us in producing a wide range of private, corporate and non-profit events. You will be responsible for producing all off premise events and assisting two event planners.
This administratively-focused position spans 360 degree event production: planning and overseeing the development of information packs and equipment that accompany each event; managing the flow of party information to all vendors, kitchen and off-site event staff; coordinating all outside vendors, organizing vendor and client correspondence, tracking vendor billing, and preparing client invoices.
Primary Duties Include:
- Manage and update event calendar, ensuring all details are captured/communicated for each event: menus, production and rental equipment details, etc.
- Manage communication and flow of information internally (kitchen, catering staff, loading dock porters) and externally (clients and vendors)
- Create and oversee the development of information packs and equipment that accompany each event
- Coordinate all outside vendors - including rental companies, florists, ice, transportation, etc.
- Organize vendor and client correspondence, track invoices and petty cash, and manage billing
- Coordinate and run weekly production meeting with all departments
- Assist event planners with customizing event proposals
- Work closely with chefs on logistics
Candidate must be comfortable in a highly collaborative work environment, be flexible and roll with changes. A solution-based mindset is imperative.
Role Requirements Include:
- Candidate must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Effective client relationship abilities
- Prior work experience in the hospitality field - off premise catering or event planning industry work preferred
- Strong computer skills - proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required. Proficiency in Google applications, Adobe programs, and Caterease is strongly preferred.
- Evenings and weekends will be required, as the calendar dictates
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits and with room for growth.
To apply – please send a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and interest in the position to email@example.com.
We're thrilled our leader, Mary Cleaver, founder of The Cleaver Co. has been honored as one of the 2017 Responsible 100 by City and State NY. The Responsible 100 List is an annual recognition list honoring 100 of New York’s most outstanding corporate citizens.
Learn more about the Responsible 100 and the other Honorees here.
No front page content has been created yet.